What is a senior developer/architect/team lead? Here’s what some companies are looking for, as defined by job posting descriptions.
Team Lead, Software Development
The Team Lead, Software Development guides and manages a development team responsible for creation, enhancement, and maintenance of business applications and products to support Bracket’s business needs. Working under the direction of management this position mentors and manages developers in all technical aspects of the software development lifecycle.
Manages a team of Programmer Analysts and other assigned staff to ensure the timely development and release of products.
Provides oversight and ownership to a vertical area of one or more products (e.g. Framework, Application, or Utilities/Administration).
Works with Business Systems Analysts and Project Managers to incorporate custom technical solutions as required per clinical trial study.
Responsible for ensuring scalable design implementations that focus on code/module/component reuse and covering a larger breadth of implementation needs.
Sets clear productivity and quality objectives for the assigned staff and tracks progress on an individual basis.
Works with Business Systems Analysts and Project Managers, to gain an understanding of the business requirements for assigned tasks.
Acts as technology and domain subject matter expert in one or more business domains and/or technical areas.
Motivates staff and strengthens teamwork.
Recommends and implements tools associated with team based software development.
Contributes in the creation of departmental procedure documents and working instructions.
Provides technical leadership to drive the successful completion of development projects.
Trains and mentors Programmer Analysts.
Creates and/or approves technical design documentation.
Evaluates and implements new technologies into the current development process.
Assists in the creation and maintenance of technical standards.
Participates as a member of the development team to implement products.
Performs code reviews.
Ensures all technical documentation is in place, reviewed, and approved for projects.
Defines code re-use strategy for team and productivity goals for assigned staff. Tracks and reports progress on these goals and technical initiatives on a quarterly basis.
Recommends and implements tools associated with team based software development.
Takes active participation in technical training and mentoring for junior team members and cross functional teams.
Ensures all required change control documentation is included including updates to requirements, design and other technical documents as required.
May deploy resolution to testing and production environment as required.
Quality System Responsibilities
Performs all work in accordance with documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Adheres to Good Clinical Practices (GCP), 21 CFR Part 11 and other regulatory requirements.
Skills & Competencies
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical major
Demonstrated experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Seven+ years experience professionally developing software
- Detailed knowledge of Bracket’s development process and practices
- Experience managing and mentoring software developers
- Experience providing technical leadership
- Extensive TSQL experience
- Six+ years experience in.NET development environments
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services or other reporting tool
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010/2012/2013/2015, VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET
- MVC, Entity Framework
- Web page design
- Windows application design
- Team Foundation Server, Visual Source Safe, Subversion, or other source control products
- Experience of distributed architecture and high performance data collection is desirable
- Experience developing, enhancing, and customizing configurable applications is desirable
- Domain experience in any of the following is desirable:
- Mobile device applications include Smartphone and Tablet
- Electronic Data Capture applications
- Learning Management Systems
- Clinical Trial Management Systems
- Proven skills in managing multiple conflicting priorities for assigned team(s) of employees
- Strong organizational, time-management, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Experience estimating development and support tasks
- Familiarity with 21 CFR Part 11 or experience in a regulated environment is desirable
- Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to complete high quality technical documentation
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills, procedures, and approaches
- Ability to meet established timelines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and effectively handle changing priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment; establish and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers within and across functional areas
- Ability to demonstrate extreme attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Information Technology or Computer Science—or equivalent significant experience in information technology and application development— is required.
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing solutions using a full software development approach
- 10+ years development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET using C#, Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with ASP.Net MVC and WebForms
- Experience with ADO.Net
- Experience with SQL designing database schema, creating stored procedures, views, complex queries
- This position will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting national S&R solutions.
- Develop web applications using ASP.Net MVC, WebForms and Entity Framework using C# in a multi-tiered environment
- Experience working with SharePoint 2010 or 2013 Develop using Microsoft SQL Server to design relational database schemas, stored procedures and complex queries
- Experience with data access and storage methods in order to determine the appropriate implementation for the application requirements
- Experience with Industry best practices and coding standards
- Handle difficult/sensitive information appropriately
- Effectively communicate with clients to identify needs, evaluate alternative business solutions and suggest effective and well-designed solutions
- Works closely with the Architect and Management to plan the automation direction in terms of software application development
- Mentor developers providing direction and guidance if needed Participates on project teams acting as a senior developer and technical lead
- Assists project managers with identifying solutions to resolve business problems
Software Dev/Arch Lead (Dot Net)
Senior engineer with broad and deep knowledge of MS technology stack (C#, ASP.net, Windows Services, VB, SQL), as well as front-end development (HTML5, CSS, JS);
Well versed in supporting tools and technologies (MVC, version control, CI/CD);
Demonstrated ability to architect new solutions and optimize existing ones
chartered to improve technical landscape, team member skill sets, dev practices;
strong small-team leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills;excellent communication skills;
Lead periodic code reviews and architectural planning sessions
Ability to effectively translate technical topics to non-technical audiences
Experience working with off-shore development/support resources
business domain knowledge, with particular emphasis on asset management, trading systems, fund accounting, portfolio management
Lead Software Engineer
• Oversee the development team and projects in an Agile (Scrum) environment
• Interface with clients and provide technical sales support
• Lead and participate in software design reviews
• Coach and mentor junior team members
• Participate in the analysis and prioritization of product features
• Design and develop applications using Microsoft Technologies (.NET)
• Write SQL Queries and stored procedures (T-SQL)
• Document software designs
• Test and provide ongoing support for software to meet regulatory and customer requirements
• Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
• Excellent client facing communication skills
• Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in designing and developing software
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience leading development teams
• Comprehensive experience in web-based / SaaS application development
• Full Stack .NET Developer (C#, ASP.Net, IIS, SQL Server, MVC, Web API, Entity Framework)
• Advanced knowledge of AngularJS, HTML 5, JQuery, JSON
• Solid understanding of Agile (Scrum) framework
• Solid understanding of mobile web development and responsive design
• Solid understanding of OOP, relational databases, and SQL for implementing database-driven, web-based applications
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
Multi billion dollar technolgy services conpany is expanding again. We are developing products that will reduce healthcare costs. We are also developing opportunities like creating engaging content for the TVs in hospital patient rooms
Work with lead architect to complete architecture and design work. Work with technical leads across the project to ensure a coherent architecture that meets reliability, performance, scalability, and security requirements. Lead development of one or more major components.
Essential Job Functions
• Produce technical designs and documentation at varying levels of granularity
• Write production-quality, tested code
• Perform code reviews
• Collaborate with our technical operations teams
• Work with business stakeholders to understand their roadmaps and identify critical technical capabilities that need development.
• Mentor more junior members of the technical staff.
• Build proof-of-concept systems or conducting exploratory experiments with new technology.
• Define (non-functional) technical requirements.
• 10+ years of relevant work experience, 5+ years as an architect or senior technical lead.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
• Excellent software development skills, in a diverse set of programming styles.
• Experience with REST API and micro-service design and implementation.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices.
• Facility with Linux command-line utilities and system administration tools.
• Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols.
• Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML and JSON.
• Experience with ETL processes and tools preferred.
Specific or Additional Skills
• Background in healthcare systems
• UML modelling
• Design for high-availability and scalability
Cloud/distributed system design
• SOAP API experience a plus